Vitamin Water is a beverage that is made by Glaceau, the brand name of a line of products offered from Energy Brands, Inc. Energy Brands, Inc. is a beverage manufacturing company that is located in the Whitestone section of New York City. This company was started in 1996 by J. Darius Bikoff after a water scare in New York gave him the idea to make an alternative to bottled water.
Under the Glaceau brand, Energy Brands, Inc. has four main product lines that include Vitamin Water, Vitamin Energy, Smart Water, and Fruit Water. Each of these four is designed to appeal to health-minded clientele.
The first main product line is Vitamin Water. Vitamin Water consists of distilled water, deionized, and/or reverse osmosis water, citric acid, electrolytes, crystalline fructose as a sweetener, natural flavors and vitamins, including vitamins C, B3, B5, B6, B12, and E. There are other ingredients added based on the flavor and intended use of vitamin water.
The flavors of Vitamin Water are:
- Power-C (dragonfruit)
- Defense (raspberry-apple)
- Focus (kiwi-strawberry)
- Balance (cran-grapefruit)
- Endurance (peach-mango)
- Essential (orange-orange)
- Vital-T (lemon tea)
- Energy (tropical citrus)
- B-Relaxed (jackfruit guava)
- Rescue (green tea)
- Charge (lemon tea)
- Multi-V (lemonade)
- Formula 50 (grape)
- Revive (fruit punch)
- XXX (acai-blueberry-pomegranate)
All flavors are listed below to indicate some of the main ingredients used for their flavor:
- Power-C which consists of vitamin c, taurine, chromium, zinc, vitamin b3, b5, and b6. Defense consists of vitamin c, zinc, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- Focus which consists of vitamin a, lutein, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, and b6. Balance consists of glucosamine, calcium, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- Endurance which consists of ribose, vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin b3, b5, b6, b12.
- Essential which consists of vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin e, calcium, vitamin b3, b6, and folic acid.
- Vital-t which consists of rooibos, vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- Energy which consists of fructose, caffeine, guarana, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, and b6.
- B-relaxed which consists of theanine, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- Rescue which consists of green tea extract, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- Charge which consists of potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, and b6.
- Multi-v which consists of vitamin a, vitamin c, calcium, vitamin e, vitamin b3, b6, and folic acid.
- Formula 50 which consists of vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, b6, b12, vitamin e, and folic acid.
- Revive which consists of potassium, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, b6, and b12.
- XXX which consists of acai, blueberry, pomegranates, vitamin c, vitamin b3, b5, and b6.
Another main product line is Smart Water. Smart Water is distilled municipal water and electrolytes that are available in 750 mL, 1 L, 1.5 L, and 20 oz bottles.
The third main product line is Vitamin Energy. Vitamin Energy is an energy drink that does contain many of the same ingredients as those of vitamin water. Ingredients such as crystalline fructose, electrolytes, natural flavors, and vitamins (Vitamin B3, B5, B6, B12, and C) along with natural caffeine and ribose are found in Vitamin Energy drinks.
Fruit Water is the last main product line of Energy Brands Inc. Fruit Water is all-natural water that contains low calories. It is similar to a Vitamin Water but contains less crystalline fructose and a lighter fruit flavor, making it perfect for those concerned about calories.
With a focus on health and replenishment, these brands offered by Energy Brands Inc. may just be those that will succeed in a marketplace oriented toward a more gym-going generation of consumers.